Update from Administrator – November 9, 2020
Yesterday, we learned that one of our employees had tested positive for COVID-19 through her personal physician. We have since conducted testing on all our residents. We have conducted staff testing and are awaiting their results.
If your loved one has tested positive, you have already received a phone call.
Below is a brief overview of what we have done, and will continue to do, to ensure for everyone’s safety and health at South Shore.
- All residents and staff have been tested and we await their results.
- We will continue weekly testing to ensure for everyone’s wellbeing.
- We continue to audit our staff for proper PPE donning / doffing, hand hygiene, etc.
- Continue to require all staff to be screened before and during each shift – questionnaires and temperature checks.
- Out of an abundance of caution, the whole center is being monitored with additional vital signs taken per shift. Any residents near the affected residents are on specific COVID precautions.
- State and local health departments have been notified and consulted; we are following their guidance.
- Visitation Update:
- Outdoor visitation, outdoor group activities, and communal dining can continue.
- Indoor visitation can continue for residents at this time.
- COVID positive/suspect residents or residents under a 14 day quarantine after a known exposure to a COVID case are excluded from indoor/outdoor visitation, group activities/dining, and rehab in the facility gym.
- Window visits and virtual visits with our tablets are in place.
As I have mentioned in the very recent past, this pandemic is still very much active in our state and region. This situation serves as a reminder that we must all remain vigilant in following all guidelines, recommendations, and best practices to stay safe and fight this pandemic.
We will provide all updates as they become available and I encourage you to contact us directly with questions specific to your loved one. You may also utilize firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us, which is a general email address that is monitored by several department heads, in the event I am unable to respond to you in a timely manner.
We appreciate the support of our community during this time.