Update from Administrator – December 4, 2020
Our facility has three current Staff Members out with Covid-19. We will continue testing and reporting at regular intervals as required by CMS, CDC and DPH. We will continue with staff and resident testing; If your loved one has tested positive or tests positive, you have already or will receive a phone call.
Below is a brief overview of what we have done, and will continue to do, to ensure for everyone’s safety and health at South Shore.
- We continue to audit our staff for proper PPE donning / doffing, hand hygiene, etc.
- Continue to require all staff to be screened before and during each shift – questionnaires and temperature checks.
- Out of an abundance of caution, the whole center is being monitored with additional vital signs taken per shift. Any residents near the affected residents are on specific COVID precautions.
- State and local health departments have been notified and consulted; we are following their guidance.
- Visitation Update:
- Outdoor visitation, outdoor group activities, and communal dining can continue.
- Indoor visitation can continue for residents at this time.
- COVID positive/suspect residents or residents under a 14 day quarantine after a known exposure to a COVID case are excluded from indoor/outdoor visitation, group activities/dining, and rehab in the facility gym.
- Window visits and virtual visits with our tablets are in place.
We encourage everyone in every Massachusetts community to do their part to limit the community spread that affects this frail population: wash your distance, wash your hands, and wear your mask. It is clear that communities with a higher prevalence of COVID-19, will have a higher prevalence in their local nursing home.
We will provide all updates as they become available and I encourage you to contact us directly with questions specific to your loved one. You may also utilize firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us, which is a general email address that is monitored by several department heads, in the event I am unable to respond to you in a timely manner.
We appreciate the support of our community during this time.
Jason H. Gold, LNHA, Administrator